1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Acrobat - Corrupt Cabinet File!!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by adrian, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adrian

adrian Thread Starter

I had a problem opening pdf files with my adobe acrobat 4. so I downloaded adobe acrobat 5 and installed it. during the first part of installation, as its opening the files an error box appears saying
    Corrupt Cabinet File!!
    I have uninstalled all the adobe acrobat files and re-downloaded it, now 3 times, and every time i get the same message.
    i am running windows me.
    any ideas please
    adrian

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

The first thing to try when you are having corrupt downloads is to use CTRL + ALT+DEL and end task on anything not needed to run and maintain you Internet Connection. Especially Anti Virus Programs.
    Try the download and install again.
    Go somewhere else and try another Download. This will help you to narrow down whether the problem is on your end. It is possible that the site has a problem too.
    Also, try Downloading at off peak hours. Late at night or early in the morning is good.

EDIT: This won't help your corruption problem, but uninstall the Lower version of Adobe and reboot before you install the newer version.

3. adrian

adrian Thread Starter

Thanks
    I'll give it another go, although this is the first time i have ever had a problem with a download.
    i have been to the adobe.com site tonight using three different browsers and all say that the remote server cannot be found. maybe the problem is their end after all.
    adrian

4. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

If that's the message you are getting, it is on their end. If youpost a link, I'll check it out and see if I get that message too.

EDIT: I was able to start a Dowload using this link.
    http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

If it doesn't work for you, try downloading something else to see if you are having a problem.

5. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

I just did a quick search and found this Adobe Page. It lists how to go about resolving a download problem with one of their products. TRy the suggestions I gave you, which are on this page too. Plus a couple more.
    http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/1cc02.htm

6. adrian

adrian Thread Starter

thanks for your help
    i downloaded it again as 730am when it was relatively quiet on the www and it loaded fine.
    i have never encountered that problem before.
    adrian
    ps. whilst i am here does anyone know anything good or bad about a browser called omega.
    i have downloaded it and it is working fine alongside my IE5.
    the write up says it is supposed to be the fastest browser available, is this right?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice