Adobe Acrobat Professional & Adobe Reader

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tlcorp

SITUATION
I created a pdf. file from a document that had 'fill-in forms'. I used Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0. to create the PDF file.

I then I burned the pdf. file on to a CD.

When I used my Adobe Reader 9.0 to open the PDF file, I could fill-in the forms, but not save them. I received a message that said I could not save the information, only print it unless I enabled the ‘local save capability’ in the original pdf. file.

I will be selling the CDs and need the buyer to be able to fill-in the forms, and then save the document on the CD or the buyer’s computer.

QUESTIONS
1. How do I enable the ‘local save capability’ on Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0, saving the document with the information typed into the fill-in forms?

2. How can I write protect the pdf. file so no one can edit it (except for the fill-in fields) nor duplicate the disk?

3. Has anyone bought a software product from www.SoftCaptain.com and if yes, what was your experience with the software product company?

I can't answer all of your questions, but data on a CD is read only, you won't be able to save the edited file on that CD.
It can only be saved on the hard drive & then burned to CD again, if necessary.

tlcorp

Thank you Kitch for responding to my question.
Have a great day!
-:) Tlcorp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online