1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 unable to view two different pdf documents simultaneously

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by vveguilla, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vveguilla

vveguilla Thread Starter

I work on a system that operates on Windows XP Professional. My problems is that I'm unable to view two different pdf documents simultaneously on Adobe Acrobat Reader 9. Basically, if I have a pdf document open and I open an additional document, the new document will not display properly. It just shows a distorted view on the reader. I'm trying to find a solution other to what my IT department is advising, that is, just to remove the software and re-intall on my machine. Thank you in advance.

V.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Why would the IT department want you adding or removing software? Does the second PDF open properly on it's own? Is this a system resources issue because it sounds like a video memory issue to me.

3. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Also explain how you are opening these files. Are you doubling clicking the file to open or are you opening Adobe Reader first and then opening through the file menu?

Rollin

4. vveguilla

vveguilla Thread Starter

Well, I'm in the military and the problems I'm experiencing are on my work computer. The ITs in the Navy are not the most computer savvy people in the trait and often look for the easy way out of software problems by uninstalling and re-installing the software.

All pdf files open perfectly fine on their own but, if I have a pdf file open and open another file, the second file will display all distorted. I have attached a screen shot of what it looks like. I get the same result by double clicking the files or opening the files from the file menu on Acrobat Reader.

Thanks for your assistance.

Attached Files:

5. Firebreather

Firebreather

6. Rockn

Rockn

That definitely looks like video artifacts from defective or over taxed video memory.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice