1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

adobe acrobat ?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by stupidme, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stupidme

stupidme Thread Starter

I downloaded an attached pdf. from email to my documents. I open acrobat and open the file. I bring up the typwriter tool to fill in the blanks but the type is to small to read. I hit the increase text size but its not making the font any larger. Anybody have a suggestion as to how to make the type match the page.. TIA..

Al

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Try the ZOOM, it makes the whole page larger. What kind of document are you trying to edit? What version of Acrobat do you have?

3. stupidme

stupidme Thread Starter

it was an attached file that was not a pdf. I have version 7.0 of acrobat. Maybe I need to scan it as a tif. or if I can figure it out maybe work with the clipboard option . I havent used acrobat that much but from what I have done it looks like it has a ton of potential... and I did the zoom..page got bigger..type stayed the same.
    thanks,

Al

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Hummm .. I can't get TT or TT to work either ???
    Maybe it's how it's selected ... still looking.

May I suggest the freeware ... http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
    It's a lot easier to use.

I normally use Photoshop for this type of application .. Since it starts and ends with a picture.
    Here's what I see in Acrobat Pro 8

Attached Files:

• 01.gif
      01.gif
      File size:
      101.3 KB
      Views:
  5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I have found out that the "size" tools will work as you type it in .. but not after you've completed it ... ???
    Erase and do it again .. will work (reset).
    The training vids ... only mention the typewriter as a casual after thought ...
    not like it's something you really need or can really use ???
    I think they intend you to be using other pdf creation methods ... The fancy stuff.

This will have nothing to do with the Image format the pdf was made from ..
    This will determine the quality of the PDF appearance only.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Truthfully, PDF format was NEVER intended for editing, even though various packages do a so-so job at it. The whole point was a portable display format.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538593

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice