1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Acrobat

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by tdcopeland, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tdcopeland

tdcopeland Thread Starter

I have a 2400 page PDF with drawings and pictures in it. i need to covert the entire document to MS Word to ammend it. I did a file save as to a .doc and after 45 mins of saving Word wont open it up.

is there a way to make this happen?

is there a way to break this document to just modify the sections i need to ammend?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

You'll need a converter. I know of no free ones. But you could try Copy and Paste.

A PDF can only be edited if those permissions were activated by the author, and you would need a PDF Editor.

3. tdcopeland

tdcopeland Thread Starter

ok, thank you for you assistance.

TC

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

5. face1

face1

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Many converters work by means of Optical Character Recognition software that basically views a pdf page as an image and scans it for characters that resemble letters for editing purposes. This is an unreliable method at best. Any images or formatting in the original document are lost.

But it is true that printing it back to PDF format is easy with any of the free PDF printer drivers that can convert any document to PDF.

7. face1

face1

In my experiences, I have used the scan-with-ocr-to-word technique to edit PDF docs and have had excellent results. The page layout and text formatting have always come through great (most business pdf docs use pretty standard fonts, so accuracy has been excellent. I have never tried doing a pdf with weird or exotic fonts though) Also, pics remain as they were with no problems. Maybe, my OCR software is the exception...but I use it successfully for this purpose.

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

This is what worries me.

9. face1

face1

worried me too! but so far, everything has worked fine...so far...
    try it and see. If it works, Great! If not, please post info about failure so we can all know for sure. Thanks

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595684

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice