1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Audition Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gloryninja, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gloryninja

gloryninja Thread Starter

need help,

i had this problem before so i reformatted pc but it did not solve my problem.

i record alot and after i add effect such as NOISE REDUCTION it freezes my whole pc and i need to restart it from the button in my computer. sometimes if im lucky it wont freeze but will freeze after in the mix track randomly. i reformated pc , reinstalled AA3. same thing happens with AA2 and even cool edit pro.

it completly freezes the pc and have to restart it from the computer and not Ctrl+alt+del. thanks for the post but it did not solve my problem... i have a FRESH windows xp installed... and even checked for spywares/virus just incase.

it mostly freezes in Edit View. i really never had this problem before. i cant seem to understand why its happening all of a sudden?

this problem occured when my onboard sound stopped working (realtek hd) so i had a spare Creative sound card. i inserted that and it worked perfectly for few weeks or so then stopped working suddenly. tried 4 other Sound card it still has same effect and completly freezes my computer. all i see in my monitor screen is multiple AA3 screens all around the screen filling up completly and freezes my pc completly.

have installed ASIO drivers but unfortunantly no difference...

it seems now that as soon as a use NOISE REDUCTION or any other effects it freezes as soon as it gets to 100%. i really use Adobe Audition ALOT and need help

have used a C-MEDIA sound card and my freinds DIGI-9636 high tech sound card and have the same problem.

since i done a full reformat of my pc i did not really install any new firmwire etc. first thing i did is install AA3 and worked for 2 days and started messing about again.

i disabled anything starting at boot up aS well (msconfig)

i got

1.2 GB RAM DDR2
    Windows XP SP3
    512 MB GFX CARD
    Nforce Series 4 Geforece 6100
    AMD ATHLON 64+ 3600+

my sound card is Creative ct5803 but had to change it to ct4810 because it wouldnt work... but now both of them did not stop my computer from completly freezing.

need help badly!

thank you for your time

2. gloryninja

no one?

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Nowadays .. Seems I have to wonder/worry about M$ updates ??

I quit using Audition some time ago.
    Can't find anything that the freeware Audacity can't do a little simpler ... for my purposes.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It can also grab a noise profile .. And remove it.
    You running Vista ??

4. gloryninja

im runnign on Windows XP SP3.

audicity freezes as well? could it be memory damage? if so how can i check?

any other solutions pleaSE?

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I have XP SP3 and have no problem with audacity .. with my 2GIG ram.
    Since you said you reformatted and have the same problem with audacity ..
    this would rule out a software problem.

I've been waiting on someone to tell you how to test your RAM.
    May I suggest solving this thread .. And start a new one in hardware.
    Maybe the correct TSG wizard will see your "new" RAM question.

6. ferrija1

ferrija1

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/733109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice