1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

adobe elements 7 won't open

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by mrl, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrl

mrl Thread Starter

Hi

I’ve been using Adobe\Photoshop Elements 7.0 for about 3 years
    I open it about once a month to tag pictures, a little editing, and printing

Now I can’t get it to open.
    I normally use a short cut icon on the desktop. I tried from the program exe file and also as an administer.

All I get is that rotating circle for a second and then nothing.

I don't want to uninstall and reinstall if there is another option. I've got a lot of picture that would have to be re-tagged :D

I’m using Windows 7 64 bit on a PC

Mike

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    do all the other programs work OK

3. mrl

mrl Thread Starter

Hi again etaf, been awhile,

Yep everything else seems to be ok. I rebooted with no luck. It worked fine last week.
    I did a full scan with Norton Antivirus. and ran Adwcleaner. I would hate to reinstall it unless I wouldn't loose any picture tags.
    If the solution is to get a newer version, AND I would be able to keep the tags, I would consider it.

Mike

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  5. mrl

mrl Thread Starter

I tried safe mode and had no luck

The link for backing up the pics says to open the program and .......but I can't open it :D
    The pictures are actually storied on the C: drive with a link from the program to bring it up.
    I've got the pictures backed up on an external hard drive so I won't lose any but it took a long time to tag them so i could find one.

I was hoping that i wouldn't have to thru that again :)

mike

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice