1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Flash 10.1.102.64 not installing on XP

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by fandam, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fandam

fandam Thread Starter

I could not install Flash 10.1.102.64 on Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit. The install appeared to work OK, but Flash was not detected. I tried several times to use the automatic install but had the same results. I even used Adobe's stand alone uninstaller, deleted the Flash folder from Program Files/Adobe, cleaned up the Register with CCleaner, rebooted twice and then installed using Adobe's stand alone installer! Flash still didn't work!! I finally uninstalled, deleted flash folders, and cleaned the registry again. This time I went to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html, selected an archived version 10 and installed it. Adobe Flash has been working fine since. I still don't know why version 10.1.102.64 wouldn't install.

2. zbd21

zbd21

3. Vegie84

Vegie84

Hi,

I too have had great trouble with trying to get this flash version to work. I install it and is says complete and gives me a green tick to show it has worked and it then appears in my programs but doesn't work.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still have the same problem. I have been trying to work it out for hours!! :eek:

I went to the link you mentioned re: the archived versions but couldn't work it out. Can you tell me which one i need to select and tell me in simple steps how i can install it.

Thank you.

4. zbd21

zbd21

5. Vegie84

Vegie84

Thanks for your reply. I have followed the links and steps to first uninstall and then install flash but it still does not work.

The download part works and i after downloading i can see adobe flash in the list of programs on my computer when i go to add/remove programs under the control panel section but when i go to something like you tube it tells me i need to download the latest flash player.

I don't know what I could be doing wrong.

It is extremely frustrating when something that should be so simple is this difficult!!

6. fandam

fandam Thread Starter

Select http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

Then go to Archived Versions and download Flash Player 10 (157 MB). This may take a while.

After the download has completed, extract the files from fp10_archive.zip
    Open sub folder 10_1r53_64
    For Internet Explorer under Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP run: flashplayer10_1r53_64_winax.exe

This fixed my problem. If it doesn’t for you, consider going back a version to Flash Player 10,0,45,2.

7. Vegie84

Vegie84

Thanks for this response.

I have tried to do this for the both versions you mentioned and am unable to get either to work.

It comes up with an error msg as per my attachment (hope it attached).

What can I do? I really hoped that this would have worked.

Attached Files:

8. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

I do not recommend installing any previous version of the Adobe Flash Player, for security and stability reasons.

Have you read the Adobe Flash Player Troubleshooter?

9. Vegie84

Vegie84

Yes I have read it and so many other things. Is there any way someone can access my computer to try and see what the problem is and maybe install it for me?

10. Phantom010

No, we do not offer that service on this forum.

11. fandam

fandam Thread Starter

I posted this reply earlier, but I don't see it on this forum. I will try again.

In trying to recreate what I did prior to my successful installation, I remembered the following steps I went through, but neglected to mention (my bad). Also, I noticed that after my successful install of the archived version, there was no Flash Player folder.

The purpose of these steps are to remove any residual files or entries that previous uninstalls may have left behind.

1. Uninstall Adobe Flash
    2. Open c:/Program Files
    3. Open the Adobe folder
    4. Delete the Flash Player folder if it exists
    5. Clean the Registry (I used CCleaner)
    6. Shut down your computer.
    7. Start up your computer.
    8. Run the Archive install.

12. Phantom010

13. Vegie84

Vegie84

Thanks but I don't know how to clean the registry and someone else posted something about not using registry cleaners.

I don't know what to do next.

14. Vegie84

Vegie84

No need to reply to my previous post.

After me spending hours trying to work out this problem my mum finally listened to me about it and was able to fix it for me.

Thanks for all the replies though. I found this site to be really quick and helpful and will use again if I have any further computer issues.

15. fandam

fandam Thread Starter

Glad to hear that.

I would be interested in knowing what you mum did to fix your problem.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971081

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice