Adobe Flash not updating any longer

silverado4

I was given a prompt to delete my adobe flash program due to them not updating this any longer. What is the purpose of not updating this?

Couriant

James
It's not supported by any browser any more because it's unsecure and has been part of breaches for some time. All browsers discontinued it.

This has been known for a while so if any website not converted to HTML5, then they will not work in time

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The "patch Tuesday" updates on January 12th will supposedly include an update that removes Adobe Flash Player from a computer.

plodr

Liz
The purpose is to remove software that is no longer supported. This has been known since 2017 when Adobe first posted that flash would stop. Web sites were given a few years to switch to html5.
I removed all flash from our home computers in September 2019 because I couldn't see patching something that was going to be pulled from support.

Flash removal tool: Click on the 3rd link down
https://securitygarden.blogspot.com/2020/12/adobe-flash-player-reaches-eol-end-of.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online