Adobe Flash Player .exe files will not load.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JTelford

I have a Windows 7 64 Bit computer with the System plugin and Internet explorer and Google chrome versions of Flash Player installed.

Flash Version

I have tried clearing all data, uninstalling multiple times, older versions everything but every time I try to open a flash projector or .exe file it open to a white screen and on right click it says 'Movie not loaded'. Another program I have which depends on flash just won't open at all. The flash files I am trying to load should be just normal .swf files / movies. Thanks!

Oddba11

Jim
There are two types of Flash. The actual program and the browser extensions.

Lets start by testing the browser. Can you view videos at a site such as YouTube?

As for the files you are opening, what is the exact file extension? Have you verified they are actual video files with a program such as MediaInfo?

JTelford

Flash in the browser and .swf files work fine in the browser. The Adobe Flash projector file I am trying to open is a .exe file. And no I have not which is why I wasn't sure which category this would go in. I mean they are Flash animations but they are in Adobe Projector .exe format. Thanks!

TonyB25

Banned
There's no such thing as an "Adobe Project .EXE format". Adobe Flash projector appears to be a debug format. An EXE is an executable. Do you create the files you're trying to view? Where did they come from? This is a really easy way to get a virus.

JTelford

What I meant is a Stand alone Flash player format also known as a Projector. An no I didn't create them but I know who did.

TonyB25

Banned
The person who created them can play them without a problem? You've seen it?

JTelford

Yep and they used to work on my computer but for some reason they stopped working.

Oddba11

Jim
If they are in exe form, they should auto play and may or may not require anything else be installed before they work.

Assuming they are safe, your only real indication of the problem here would be any errors that you get when trying to open the file.

As noted above (and in your OP), any "normal" swf file will actually have a .swf extension and NOT be an executable.

JTelford

The .swf files I have will play as well as Youtube and other things. It is just the Stand alone projector files that aren't. When i run them it is a white screen and "movie not loaded.

Oddba11

Jim
The "white screen" is the display window. The error indicates the "movie" did not load. A generic error which could have numerous causes, such as a corrupt file.

The point of using the exe format instead of the standard .swf format would be that no supporting software is needed on the destination PC. So it's more likely to be a file issue than not having flash installed.

Oddba11

Jim
Where are the files stored?

If they are being opened directly from email, the email program could be blocking them. If they are stored on your HDD, Windows UAC, AV software, or malware software could be blocking them.

Aside from that, I'm out of ideas.

JTelford

They are stored on my computer and my antivirus is not blocking it. And I have tried multiple files none of them working.

Oddba11

Jim
Copy the files to a USB stick or other media and test on another computer.

That will confirm a file or pc issue.

TonyB25

Banned
I wouldn't recommend trying on a different computer because I don't get how they're standalone EXE's. I downloaded Adobe Projector, and the File -> Open dialog asks for a local file or a URL.

JTelford

Yes that is the Adobe Projector Player. You can have it so the Projector Player automatically opens up as the Flash Animation.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online