1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Flash Player Settings Local Storage

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by alicez, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alicez

alicez Thread Starter

Recently I downloaded new update/upgrade for my IE Flash Player. Now when I look at my forum where I have a few YouTube videos, I notice a small "white" box over each video with the wording:

Adobe Flash Player Settings
    Local Storage
    s.ytimg.com is requesting permission to store information on your computer.
    Allow / Deny

I never saw this box previously. Is this something new. I believe I can disable this in the Control Panel / Flash / Block all sites, etc. But that mentions something about legitimate downloads being denied.
    #1- What does that mean?
    #2- Would it be OK to "Block all sites?"

#3- Can anyone explain what this pop-up "white" box is and is it something new with this new version of Adobe Flash? Or is it something put there by YouTube when I embed one of their videos on my forum?

#4- Will everyone who visits my forum see this "white" pop-up box on all my videos?

What to do? This is really a PIA as far as I am concerned.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1002939