1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.45.2

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jane83, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jane83

jane83 Thread Starter

when I visit sites requiring flash they say I need a new version of flash... I go to the downloads page for flash player 10 and everything works fine - download appears to have worked then goes to the page where it says, "When you see the installation completion movie above and text below, your installation was successful." Except there is no movie or text. An error message simetimes comes up which saays that Get plus has stopped working and Windows is searching for a solution. Everything closes.. and no flash player. I am using windows vista.

Please help

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Go into "Programs And Features" and uninstall Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX.

Go here and click the green icon to download and save Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2. Close all open windows first, then double-click the file to install it.

Note: This is for Internet Explorer. If you're using Firefox or some other non-IE browser, you need this version instead, which is Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin.

If you use both browsers, then install them both.

------------------------------------------------------------------

3. jane83

jane83 Thread Starter

Thanks for trying but it didn't work! Went through all the windows, pressing run / install etc, all loaded up and it appears to install but then when it says download complete, its not. No flash content works, and Fllash lpayer isn't listed in program list... any other ideas??!! (I am using i nternet explorer)
    Thanks

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Are you downloading and saving the file first, then double-clicking the saved file to install it? You don't want to select "Run" when the download dialogue window appears.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/905609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice