Adobe Flash Player

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bilnrobn

Bill
This was discontinued December 2020 and Adobe said, as it is no longer supported, it should be uninstalled. I haven't done this as I am not sure what if anything will crash without it.

Will any other app that may have been using it crash if I delete it? (I am not sure which other apps may currently be using it.)
If so is there an alternative that will successfully replace it?

I have read the thread "Replacement for Flash Player" and can't see how it can help me.

Last edited:

texasbullet

Ramon
There may be programs that may require the flash player to work. I have an old program I use which requires it and installs it from the CD and I have never had any problems with it.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Some screensavers use flash. I have three which no longer work.
Supposedly a few of the cumulative updates have removed Flash.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Bill:
Virginia beat me to it.
If your computer is running Windows 10 and it's been kept up-to-date, Adobe Flash Player will have already automatically been removed.

-------------------------------------------------

Couriant

James
Mainly websites that used flash will no longer work so the website owners would be the ones worried.

You can uninstall if you haven't done so already.

bilnrobn

Bill
Bill:
Virginia beat me to it.
If your computer is running Windows 10 and it's been kept up-to-date, Adobe Flash Player will have already automatically been removed.

Thanks to other responders too. Dr M, I am reluctant to install Ruffle as I have heard of problems with its use, and reading the blurb on it, it seems too complicated for my simple brain.

-------------------------------------------------
Thanks Frank and Virginia. I've just checked and although Flash Player appears in the Apps list it is not in the Adobe folder in Program Files (x86); only Acrobat Reader is there.

Last edited:

bilnrobn

Bill
I have a second related question but will ask it in a separate query. It relates to Serif PagePlus Starter edition

Couriant

James
Thanks Frank and Virginia. I've just checked and although Flash Player appears in the Apps list it is not in the Adobe folder in Program Files (x86); only Acrobat Reader is there.
It's probably installed in %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player folder.

bilnrobn

Bill
I can't find an appdata (or %aPPDATA%) folder. There is a Program data but there is no Adobe folder in it. Doing a search for Flash Player doesn't find it either. So I'm assuming it isn't on the computer.

Couriant

James
If you type %appdata% in the search bar then it will take you to the app data folder.

1626657184787.png

bilnrobn

Bill
Yes it is there. (I used 'Run' and %appdata% to get to the folder). an Adobe folder with a Flashplayer folder in it are there. But there seems to be nothing in the Flashplayer folder except four empty folders, APSPrivateData2, AssetCache, Icon Cache and NativeCache.

Last edited:
Mainly websites that used flash will no longer work so the website owners would be the ones worried.
I have run into websites on the Wayback Machine that depend on Flash. I still have computers with Flash for just such an emergency. :)

Couriant

James
Yes it is there. (I used 'Run' and %appdata% to get to the folder). an Adobe folder with a Flashplayer folder in it are there. But there seems to be nothing in the Flashplayer folder except four empty folders, APSPrivateData2, AssetCache, Icon Cache and NativeCache.
Did you make sure you are showing hidden files? If so then it sounds like Flash is not installed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online