1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

adobe flash plugin has crashed & application errors

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by paloluis, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paloluis

paloluis Thread Starter

Greetings. Got a virus from yahoo (redirected to another website and clicked on a pic) and our laptop couldn't get on the internet. Tried a few things and computer does connect to the internet but can't see video. If i go to youtube or any other video, i get like a sad faced lego piece and it reads "adobe flash plugin has crashed" Also when I first turn on the computer i get 3 application error pop ups. (Sorry... running Windows XP)

cvpnd.exe - Application error
    The instruction at "0x0045e29d" referenced memory at "0x003575b4". The memory could not "read"
    Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program

CFSvcs.exe - Application error
    The instruction at "0x00403726" referenced memory at "0x005f4f38". The memory could not "read"
    (same as previous application error)

TAPPSRV.exe - Application error
    The instruction at "0x005922f1" referenced memory at "0x005922f1" The memory could not "read"

Then i get 3 pop ups about programs that encounter programs and need to close and 1 about microsoft visual studio debugger. Lastly when I try to turn off the computer i get i last pop up. Here they go.

AVG Tray Monitor
    AVG Tray Monitor has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience
    If you were working on something, the information you were working on may be lost.
    Please tell microsoft about this problem.
    To see what this error report contains, Click here
    Debug Send error report Don't send

CFSServ.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. (same as previous)

SoundMax service agent component has encountered a problem and needs to close. (same as previous)

Microsoft Visual Studio Debugger
    An exception occurred. Process will be terminated. (exception address is 008c6a9f)

When trying to turn of the computer i get:

Avg8tray running scans Wnd
    This program is not responding

Ran HIjack this and this in the notepad:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 6:38:41 PM, on 7/30/2010
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16608)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CFSServ.exe] CFSServ.exe -NoClient
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\Jen\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
    O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
    O23 - Service: AVG8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
    O23 - Service: Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service (CVPND) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
    O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
    O23 - Service: Swupdtmr - Unknown owner - c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
    O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Application Service (TAPPSRV) - TOSHIBA Corp. - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe
    O23 - Service: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNetwk.exe (file missing)

--
    End of file - 2953 bytes

Please let me know if you can see any solution to my problem. I had some friends look at it before when we first got the virus and they got rid of some stuff. I hope they didn't do more harm than good and maybe the virus is still there. Thank you very much.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/939653