Adobe Media Player (Help?)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CouchPotatoGuy

Background:
So yeah, I have this piece of crap adobe program installed on my computer (maybe my adjectives are a little redundant, but...). It's called "Adobe Media Player" (AMP). Why is it here? I'm not entirely certain. I think it came bundled with another adobe program I actually wanted (I think it came bundled with adobe photoshop). Later, I uninstalled photoshop (it was only a trial product). I think I also uninstalled a few other programs that came bundled with photoshop. Only, now I can't uninstall AMP. What's worse, I can't seem to get my other media player (Windows Media Player) to work now. I think it's a related issue.

Problem:
Anyway, now I can't uninstall AMP. I go to: Control Panel --> Uninstall a Program --> (double click) AMP. Afterward, it says, "Preparing to remove". A second box shows the process gets about 80% complete. Before it's done, it flashes with the following message:

"Could not open key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\f4v\OpenWithProglds-
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel"

Can anyone help? I'm okay with advice like "Can you move this to another topic" or "Here's a free adobe support site".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

CPG

Adobe = (n)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online