1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Photoshop 7 problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Trooper_fan, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Trooper_fan

Trooper_fan Thread Starter

When I try and start Adobe Photoshop it keeps giving me loads of different error messages.

"Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry but this error is unrecoverable."

Sometimes it freezes when it get's to a certain point of loading

Sometimes I get a error message saying "Photoshop has caused and error in <unknown>. Photoshop will now close. If you continue experienceing problems try restarting your computer."

Or something about "causing an error in kernel32" (I think)

If I keep closing photoshop and keep trying to start it EVENTUALLY it opens and works fine but if I close it and restart it I get the error messages again... I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it an it still does the same thing...

... I'm going back to pen and paper! :D

2. Alwill

Alwill

Perhaps someone may be able to help you if you post your problem in the Digital Photography and Imaging forum. :)

3. Trooper_fan

thankyou I'll try there :)

4. stepheno

stepheno

I can only advise you about the obvious.

1 Are your system specs good enough
    2 Have you enough ram
    3 Have you enough hard drive space
    4 Are you trying to multitask with other progs
    5 It may be conflicting with something else.

Post your specs and we can clear 1,2 and 3. Otherwise close close all apps and try to start it or failing that uninstall and try a reinstall with nothing your startup empty. Photoshop is a very powerful graphics centred program and needs lots of everything. If it's more complicated that then do as Alwil says.

stepheno

5. Trooper_fan

Hope this is what you'r looking for:

Memory: 512MB RAM
    System resources: 16% free ( is that right I have nothing running other than the things that run normally and this browser window open)
    File-system: 32bit
    Virtual Memory: 32bit

System: Microsoft Windows ME 4.90.3000
    Advent 3000 series
    GenuineIntel Intel(R) Pentuim(R) 4CPU

Capacity of harddrive: 55.1GIG
    Used Space: 3.61GIG

Thanks for any help :)

Edit - It doesn't matter if it's the first thing opened as soon as I boot into windows or if I have something else open at the same time.

6. wanabe_buck

wanabe_buck Guest

not much of a tech here and know nothing about ME but 16% free resources seems pretty low to me... are your resources that low on a fresh boot

buck

7. Trooper_fan

Yeah... I'm starting to think there's something SERIOUSLY wrong with this PC, it's only 2 years old too :(

8. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

No help to offer with photo shop but w/ WinME you shouldn't have to worry about low resources until you start pressing 10% and single digits. With that said you really should check what is loading unnecessarily at boot or find out just what *is* the heavy resource hog..NIS??
    See Pacs-portal
    JAE's Startup Page
    Startup

9. stepheno

stepheno

Hi Trooper - IMHO it's definitely not your hardware. I run Photoshop 7 on a 400mhz Celeron with 256 memory with W98. I have noted in a lot of threads that WME doesn't have the best reputation for stability. I'm tending to agree with JW.

Only other option is doing a viruscheck, scandisk and defrag or maybe you just have a duff version of Photoshop.

good luck

stepheno

10. Trooper_fan

Hi... thanks for your help... on a previous installment of Windoze ME it worked fine every time but this time it's a pain in the a$$. So I know there's nothing wrong with my copy of Photoshop as it's worked fine before. :)

I've decided to change from Windoze ME to Windoze 2000 pro because it's been highly recommended to me by a buddy who had the same problems with ME and has never had a single problem with 2000 pro!

I did a scandisk and defrag last night in safemode and for once the scandisk actually worked!!

Thanks JW too, I stopped the debugging thingle (as recommended for the fff files on another thread) and my resources have now gone up to 32% so that's a little better :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/181361

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice