1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Photoshop Starter Edition 3.2

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by GreenInvestments, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GreenInvestments

GreenInvestments Thread Starter

Hi,

I have been using Adobe Photoshop Starter Edition for several years. In the last few months it stopped working for me.
    Product Registration pop up comes on the screen. I fill in the information, send it off and Adobe email back it is no longer available .

What programme can I upgrade to that will transfer information from starter Edition 3.2?
    I use an iphone 4 for most photos videos and Picassa wont download from it.

I cannot access exisiting photos/videos on 3.2 as it shuts down automatically as soon it opens up.

Any ideas?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2046 Mb
    Graphics Card: RADEON X800 SE, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 238347 MB, Free - 40584 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0M3918
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Thanks.

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    Is the Format of the starter edition pictures a psd ??
    If you're using Photoshop for editing pictures ...
    I'd suggest to get Photoshop Elements version 10 (or the older version 9) and do NOT use the Browser/Organizer.

3. GreenInvestments

Hi Noyb,

I have no idea what apsd is?
    I dont edit the pictures much, just when printing them off.

A side issue is when I plug my iphone in through USB to charge it, Adobe Photoshop keeps starting up and it does not stay open long enough to change settings. It goes through the motions of getting pictures form the phone then when I click Get Photos it says there is a (sometype of) error and must close.
    Does the Photoshop Elements you suggest copy in exisiting photos in starter edition? I dont want to lose what photos/videos there are there.

4. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
    I don't know anything about iphones ..
    If you're not into editing pictures .. I'd say you don't need adobe.
    I'm guessing you should be able to download from USB manually.
    Better wait on someone who knows about adobe starter.

Until then .. Can you find the pictures and back them up to a CD/DVD or elsewhere ??

5. GreenInvestments

Ok.

I have an external hard drive which has files backed up so they should be in there. Getting them out of there could be tricky if I need to, so I prefer not to take any chances!

Thanks for your help anyway.

6. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
    When you click on a picture .. Is it Adobe that tries to open it ??
    Or are you trying to select the pictures by running Adobe first ??

7. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
    And .. Do you know where (what folder) the pictures are in .. In your computer ??

8. GreenInvestments

Adobe doesnt stay open long enough to open a picture. When it starts up automitcoally when the iphone is plugged in tt comes up with an error message "Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2 (viewer) has encountered a problem and needs to close", with DeBug and Close options. DeBug does nothing.

When I start it myself before I can view a picture the product registration screen comes up. I have an Unlock code, have puit it in but it does not let me unlock it. The only working option is to Exit without unlocking.

Photos that have been uploaded to the computer in the last few years are in Adobe file which I know how to get to only when attaching a photo.
    Others are visible in My Pictures.

9. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
    Sounds like it's time to not use Adobe anymore .. I think there's better "free" software
    I was hoping someone familiar with starter would drop in.
    You shouldn't need software to download Photos via USB or a mem card

Can you view all your pics by Right Clicking on a pic and "Open With" Windows Pic and Fax Viewer ??

Attached Files:

• 11.gif
      11.gif
      File size:
      136.9 KB
      Views:
  10. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
    There's a chance that if you've edited any pictures in Adobe ..They will be in a psd format and will have a psd file extension.
    Windows Pic & Fax Viewer can't see these .. But this will not be a problem using other Viewing software .. we'll work on this Later

11. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
    Sounds like Adobe is a default viewing program when opening a picture .. (or some kinds of photos)

You can change the default viewing program by RIGHT clicking on a Picture ..
    Choose ... Open With >> Choose Program >> Select the program and click on "Always use selected Program ..."
    This will stop Adobe from starting when you click on a picture .. If this works, you can remove Adobe later.

I would suggest that you NOT use Picasa for a default Viewing Program at this time.

Attached Files:

• 22.gif
      22.gif
      File size:
      119.6 KB
      Views:
    • 33.gif
      33.gif
      File size:
      129.7 KB
      Views:
  12. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
    What happens when you plug in the iPhone .. When adobe starter starts up .. Kill it .. (X out)
    Click on "My Computer" .. Can you find the iPhone .. and open it ??
    You should be able to "Manually" Browse and find the iPhone pictures.
    From Here .. You should be able to download the iPhone pics ..
    Any iPhone users out there ???

13. GreenInvestments

Hi,

When I plug in the iphone and Adobe starts automatically (how do I stop this?) the "kill" X button does not respond. I have to wait until it is scanning through the photos on the phone and press stop. A couple of seconds later the error message that the program has to close comes up.

I tried to download the photos/vides from the iphone as you siggested but ran into trouble that way as well, as after getting some of them it cam up with a message that it could not download this photo and gave a Skip or Skip all option. This was repeated on each of the next dozen or more photos until I cancelled.

There are approx 400 photos/videos on the iphone to download now.

14. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
    The only thing I feel safe in suggesting at this time ..
    Can you find another computer to see if it can DL the photos manually ???
    Is there such a thing as an iPhone store that might be able help get the photos ???

15. GreenInvestments

I shall try using another computer but I have the same problems with Adobe on that one.

I think if I had a Mac you can store photos from an iphone on it under itunes, but I have a "normal" PC.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025822

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice