1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Premiere 6.0 freezing

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ammaddon, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ammaddon

ammaddon Thread Starter

I had a system crash a month ago and had to use my compaq recovery disk. OS is 98se. Adobe 6.0 worked fine before the crash. Now when I try to start it, freezes on initializing through all of the plug ins. So I took out all of the plug ins...initialized fine, then started putting them back in....till it finally froze, I thought I had it, I took out the plug in and installed more till it froze again...took out the plug in....then it froze again on a previously working plug in....so I took them all out again, started fine and worked backwards with the plug ins....till it froze..the jist is it's not one particular plug in....could it be memory or file caching that is causing the problem...I have 256 ram, 800 mhz AMD T processor.

2. Pat C

Pat C

Hi,
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe. It's worth a try.

3. ammaddon

ammaddon Thread Starter

quite a few times:confused:

4. Pat C

Pat C

I know the frustration of "freezing Adobe" . Have a bald spot to show for it. :)
    Unfortunately, I'm only familiar with Adobe 5.1. There is a very lenthy thread here that may help. Hope you have a lot of free time on your hands. Could take forever to go through it.
    Good Luck!

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=65399

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/91361

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice