1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Premiere/Photoshop Elements 9 Organizer stopped workin

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by mlmorris, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlmorris

mlmorris Thread Starter

OK, I am not sure if this is the correct forum, but a search of this forum, the Business Applications forum and the Multimedia forum yielded no results.

I am working on a Dell Inspiron N5010 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 with Intel i5 2.67 GHz processor, 6 GB RAM.

Both Adobe Premiere Elements 9 and Photoshop Elements 9 are installed and were working (for years) up until recently. Both suddenly developed a problem with the Organizer.

If I double click on the desktop icon to open Premiere, and then click on the Organize button, I see this message:

"Elements 9 Organizer has stopped working."

If I then click on "View problem details" I see this information:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe
    Application Version: 9.0.3.0
    Application Timestamp: 4d90791c
    Fault Module Name: mc_demux_mp2_ds.ax
    Fault Module Version: 8.5.0.27572
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4c6e25d8
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000ef2da
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I then click on the "Close the program" button.

However, If I double click on the desktop icon to open Premiere, and then click on the "Open Project" button and then click on a project, the project opens without problems, and opens with the "Organize" tab selected. No operations have been attempted since this problem occurred.

The exact same sequence happens with Photoshop Elements. In the case of Photoshop Elements, If I click on the Edit button instead of the Organize button, the program appears to open normally, with the Edit tab selected.

I searched the Adobe forums and did find one post that suggested there might be a problem with the catalog. I found that the Premiere files on this computer were all stored in the My Videos folder, and I noticed that most all video files had a supplemental .xmp file. However, there were several files that did not have the .xmp file, so I deleted those files (actually cut and pasted them to a flash drive and then removed the flash drive) and then tried to open both the Premiere and Photoshop programs again, but that did not solve the problem.

I posted this message to the Adobe forums but no one responded, so I am hoping someone on this forum can help.

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Have you tried opening it as administrator.
    (click on icon and right click, select "run as administrator").

3. mlmorris

mlmorris Thread Starter

Opening as administrator makes no difference. The same "Elements 9 Organizer has stopped working" message is displayed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice