1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

adobe premiere pro

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by summer123, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. summer123

summer123 Thread Starter

I have recently gotten abobe premiere pro. I have an AVI video that I am wanting to work with but every time I import it inot premiere pro it will play the audio but not the video portion. In the beginning when i play it it will jump around from scene to scene and it will then get stuck on one scene for the rest of the video. I know preimere pro supports avi video so what am i doing wrong. thankyou for your time.

2. eric_sc

eric_sc

some videos require codecs to be installed on your computer before you can view the footage, hence the audio running but the video not being displayed. a common one could be divX. Check it out

3. vadarfone

vadarfone

Yes, it may be a codec issue.

If it is a genuine copy of Premiere Pro, get in contact with Adobe and they will advise you on the correct codecs to get.

If not, google K-Lite Codec pack, download the complete package and install. That might help.

If it doesn't, come back here and I will do my best to advise.

Thanks.

4. summer123

summer123 Thread Starter

Unfortuntally this is only a trial version. I did download the k-lite codec and no change. When I import it the video itself odes show up. You can click on different scenes through out the video It just wont play it. The video works fine on the k-lite codec player, movie maker, and windows movie player. Thank you again for helping me out.
    jenn

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/896806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice