Adobe Reader 8.0?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
I downloaded Adobe Reader 8.0 sometime last week and tried it out. Besides sucking 90 MB of memory (compared to 20-30 MB with Adobe Reader 7.0), it has a totally different and impossibly difficult to learn user interface compared to previous versions. I wanted to try a newer version of Adobe Reader... not learn how to view PDF documents all over again.

Another steaming pile of crap failure... right up there with Word 2007.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'm not sure what the big deal with Adobe 8 is. What is so complicated? :confused:

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Adobe moved all of the controls around and added Vista like eye-candy. It uses 3X the amount of RAM that 7.0 used without adding any new features or improvements (that I care about anyway).

I switched to Foxit and set it as my default for .pdf. It is delightful to have .pdf's open so fast compared to Adobe. :p

I have 8.0 and only use about 26 megs of ram when it runs. I really only need it for school stuff anyway so i dont mind using it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online