1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Reader 8.0?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Frank4d, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

I downloaded Adobe Reader 8.0 sometime last week and tried it out. Besides sucking 90 MB of memory (compared to 20-30 MB with Adobe Reader 7.0), it has a totally different and impossibly difficult to learn user interface compared to previous versions. I wanted to try a newer version of Adobe Reader... not learn how to view PDF documents all over again.

Another steaming pile of crap failure... right up there with Word 2007.

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

LOL---thats why I haven't upgraded!

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Why not use Foxit or CutePdf

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm not sure what the big deal with Adobe 8 is. What is so complicated? :confused:

5. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

Adobe moved all of the controls around and added Vista like eye-candy. It uses 3X the amount of RAM that 7.0 used without adding any new features or improvements (that I care about anyway).

6. buf

buf

Frank4d, you may want to consider using Foxit Reader 2.0. It is free and can be had here: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/
    Very fast and very small.

7. CTPhil

CTPhil

I switched to Foxit and set it as my default for .pdf. It is delightful to have .pdf's open so fast compared to Adobe. :p

8. new tech guy

new tech guy

I have 8.0 and only use about 26 megs of ram when it runs. I really only need it for school stuff anyway so i dont mind using it.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice