Adobe Reader for Windows 7 64bit

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RobR

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone found out how to run adobe reader on windows 7 64bit?

DoubleHelix

Banned
Some people might actually want to use the software they're asking for help with.

Adobe Reader works just fine on Windows 7 64-bit. Can you describe the problem your having in more detail?

Some people might actually want to use the software they're asking for help with.

Adobe Reader works just fine on Windows 7 64-bit. Can you describe the problem your having in more detail?
Why don't you let the OP decide that?
Or are you the decider on these forums, geez!

Adobe's vulnerabilities are well known and are predicted to get worse.
"Adobe Systems took its share of security hits in 2009. It changed its update schedule and took steps to improve application development, but still ended the year with a prediction from McAfee that the number of attacks against Adobe products would surpass those against Microsoft Office. "
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Adobe-Eyes-Security-in-2010-as-Attackers-Circle-447781/

Foxit is a wise choice for the moment.

antech

Banned
But it can be somewhat important to people like the poster and someone like my dad.
He always uses Adobe Reader and dosent even takes a glance at Foxit Reader.
BTW,Foxit is the best lightweight solution at this time .
RobR,
Have you downloaded the x64 version for adobe reader?
It will auto detect the correct version of windows.
http://get.adobe.com/reader/

DoubleHelix

Banned
What 64-bit version are you talking about, antech? I don't see a version on Adobe's site, and I certainly didn't install one.

RobR

I just can`t find a version to download! for my windows 7 64bit system. When i go to adobe.com and there is one there that saids 64bitversion but when i try to install i get a compatibility error?

thanks

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
As far as I know there is no 64 bit version. I am using version 9.3.1 on my Windows 7 64 bit machine.

Can you post a link to the site where you are trying to download this 64 bit version?

DoubleHelix

Banned
There is no 64-bit version of Adobe Reader. antech just linked to a discussion about what version to install on a 64-bit operating system, and the main download page detects your version of Windows and offers the appropriate version which is the same for both a 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows.

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
The favourable comments regarding Foxit are true. It is slicker, by far. Ditto applies to the full version, against the Adobe full version.. But the OP asked a question. Perhaps mumbodog's post was not the appliceable answer?
I am running Adobe reader (9.1.0) on the 64BIt windows 7 (Ultimate) I have not experienced any problems

We had nothing but crashes from Adobe Reader 9.1-3 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

After much troubleshooting, the best solution we found was to download and install Adobe 8.2 which works flawlessly. It is the fully patched version of version 8 so security is not a big problem.
The issue is to download version 8.2, you have to tell the current Adobe downloader that your OS is Windows 2003. If you do, it gives you the option of downloading Reader 9.3 OR 8.2.

Installed 8.2 and everything works.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I have been running version 9 since I installed Windows 7 64 bit. I have upgraded through all releases and now at 9.3.2 and still no issues.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online