Adobe Reader Help as soon as possible. one runs out today

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lana8

In my add/remove file I have:
Adobe Reader 6.02 update
Adobe Reader 603 update
Adobe Reader 3.01
Adobe Atmosphere Player for Acrobat and Adobe Reader
Adobe Download Manager l.2 (remove only)
Adobe Reader 6.0.1

ARE ALL OF THESE NEEDED TO RUN THE FREE LATEST VERSION OF THE ADOBE READER? IF NOT WHICH SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT AND WHICH LEFT.
COMPUTER GEEK! THATS ME JUST LEARNING. :eek:

Lana8

Lana8 said:
In my add/remove file I have:
Adobe Reader 6.02 update
Adobe Reader 603 update
Adobe Reader 3.01
Adobe Atmosphere Player for Acrobat and Adobe Reader
Adobe Download Manager l.2 (remove only)
Adobe Reader 6.0.1

ARE ALL OF THESE NEEDED TO RUN THE FREE LATEST VERSION OF THE ADOBE READER? IF NOT WHICH SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT AND WHICH LEFT.
COMPUTER GEEK! THATS ME JUST LEARNING. :eek:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Assuming that you're using Windows 98SE or Windows ME, version 6.0.1 will be installed. Once it's installed, you need to open AAR and click "Help - Updates" to download and install the 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 updates.

Judging by your list, you appear to have already done that.

You don't need the following, so get rid of them:

Adobe Reader 3.01
Adobe Atmosphere Player For Acrobat And Adobe Reader
Adobe Download Manager 1.2

----------------------------------------------------------------

Lana8

MFDnSC and flavallee thanks for all your help. Just got everything done. Only one will not remove from uninstall. It is the Adobe Reader 3.01 Comes up with error
can't get rid of "(Acrobat3/Reader/DelsL1.isu". uninstall will not continue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks Lana

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Go into C:\Program Files\Adobe. If an Adobe Reader 3 folder is in there, delete it.

Lana8

flavallee- tried but didn't work. Good try anyhow. MFDnSC I downloaded like you suggested. clear files was over in a flash, but unnesessary files had 81,234 KB. Wasn't sure what to do next so tried just to save for now. Computer was running really slow. Was having trouble logging on with short-cut on desktop, but after saving unnecessary files was able to log on ok. I checked the top 4 only in unnecessary files as you suggested. Should I now just pull up the saved file and hit delete? Do you think I will have trouble logging on line with my short-cut icon on desktop? Sure seems to be a lot of junk. computer performance isn't at a % higher I believe because of all the junk. What do you think guys. Thanks Again

Not sure what you are sayinf, but with the top 4 checked delete all after it is done - and it will say it can't get some. do a defrag

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online