1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Reader

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Dolphin2, Jul 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dolphin2

Dolphin2 Thread Starter

I am unable to download the free Sys Info utility and run it. I am having the same problem with installing Adobe Reader with my computer. The operating system is Windows Vista Business. Do you know how I can install Adobe Reader on this system so I can view PDF files?

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    You may want to check at: adobe.com and scroll down to the very bottom of page.
    Here are the system requirements:
    • Windows Server® 2008 R2 (32 bit and 64 bit), 2012 (64 bit), or 2012 R2 (64 bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 10 TH2 and RS1

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Download the Adobe install file and run it. If it fails, take note of the error code. Most likely, it's related to your OS which is out dated and no longer supported.

There are other viewers as well. On my work laptop, I'm simply using Chrome (the web browser).

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    2twenty2 likes this.
  5. irbrenda

irbrenda

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Just as an FYI, if that PC touches the internet (or even without internet, if the file is infected), then Adobe is a huge security hole. So while it works, you are putting yourself at risk because the software is outdated and not patched.

plodr likes this.
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice