1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe to release Flash update today: September 20, 2010

Discussion in 'General Security' started by lotuseclat79, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Thread Starter

Adobe to release Flash update today: September 20, 2010

Security Fix for Critical Adobe Flash Flaw.

-- Tom

2. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG

3. antimoth

antimoth

Very unsettling. I tried to update a number of times from the Adobe site, but it was hung on version 10.1.45.xx. Did an uninstall/reboot per the Adobe help pages. Firefox then tried to add it as a plug-in but failed. I then had to download Adobe Download Manager (DLM) and thin it finally loaded the proper version.

Edit: I just noted the same thing had happened on my Vista laptop. Booted it up and it said a Flash update was ready to load. After it ran, it was also still stuck on version 10.1.45 Had to to repeat the above process. Uninstall Flash. Watch the Firefox plug-in process fail. Then it loads DLM and finally get the latest.

Very unsettling. Says there are PC's out there that didn't update.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

What I do is always click on "Other operating system or browser ?" And then you get to download a standalone exe.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/951241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice