Adobe's PDF icon is driving me crazy!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jrhyer

I have a problem that's been haunting me for months now and I give up, I yelled "uncle" and now I'm on bended knee asking the folks, in the "know", for the answer to my dilemma.
To begin with, I operate a Dell 8200, Windows XP, One and a half years old. It came "loaded" with memory, etc. I don't want to go into too much detail, as my issue is with software!

Now here's my problem, on many occasions I have a need to "cut and paste" an article of one sort or another. Most of the time it happens when I'm on the web. As an example, you send me a short joke on the Internet, and I want to pass the joke on to my friends WITHOUT giving up your e-mail address. So the normal thing to do is cut and paste the article/joke on a fresh surface and mail it to my friends. However, when I hit "Ctrl C" and then open my Microsoft Word program, and attempt to paste (Ctrl V or under Edit, hit the paste button, either way) the article/joke, I get a "Adobe PDF Icon".
By the way, I'm using Microsoft Office 2000.

I have tried numerous fixes and NOTHING works! I've thought about Dr. Jack Kevorkian, but his rates are higher than my insurance policy. As the old song goes...."Oh dear, what can the matter be........... I'm giving away my age but that's ok, I want Bill Gates to outlive me anyway.

If anyone can solve my problem, I'll buy you a large cup of Starbucks and a Krispy Kreme donut.

I'll be waiting by my machine waiting for those "golden words", I have your answer!!!

Respectfully,
Richard Hyer, Jr.
[email protected]

I assume these are just text items your trying to cut/copy/paste.
Since I don't know what app or program your trying to copy them from try pasting them into Notepad first. (start/all programs/accessories/notepad)
If graphics, images or other content is what your trying to pass along you may need to save it to your hard drive "as is" then send it as an attachment.

I had a like problem.
My Scansoft PDF to Word converted was the problem, even though I wasn't using either problem. If you have Scansoft PDF converter they posted a patch.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online