1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe's Waterboarding Techniques

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by raramuristar, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raramuristar

raramuristar Thread Starter

:mad::mad::mad:

Hello, Friends:

I am learning languages. So, I require Text to Voice Software to pronounce words correctly. I was doing fine with several sites until I found one that required of me to download "Flash Player by Adobe."

Actions:

1. I had removed Adobe Reader six months ago, because I never used it and it takes a lot of space.

2. Downloaded Adobe's Flash Player, as instructed. The banner said it had ONLY 467 kb.
    However, it took 2.47 Hours to install and immediately took over ALL of my programs replacing Windows Media and Miro IN SPITE OF THE FACT that I had selected only a few functions.

3. Even though, I am an analpha-beast, as far as computers are concerned, I am not stupid! It does not take a genius in cybernetics to deduce that much of the content is SPYWARE or, does it?

I hate to be imposed upon, so I REMOVED IT (or so I thought) from my PC. That's when my problems began.

4. I went to Control Panel, then to Add or Remove Programs. When I tried TO REMOVE Flash Player a banner notified me that it COULD NOT BE REMOVED!

5. I kept on trying until on my fifth attempt I SEEMED to have removed it.

6. No such luck! I ran REMOVE using "CCLEANER, EASYCLEANER, SEARCH AND DESTROY," to NO EFFECT whatsoever.

PROBLEMS:

A) EVERYTHING takes longer now. Launching IE, to open YAHOO takes from two to three minutes, it takes the same time to open my mail. and I have to click on the refresh button several times before I can open up my mail page.

B) ANNOYING POP-UP. I think that ALL of the members of this great site have suffered, at one time or another, with pop-ups. Well, this is the most persistent. A banner appears everytime I change page saying: FLASH PLAYER - ready to be installed. There is an option: Install - Not Install. Of course I punch NOT INSTALL. Not good enough. It keeps reappearing.

C) An important amount of my folders have been converted into READ ONLY. Now I can't save related content and have been forced to duplicate my files.

WHAT ARE YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS?

MUST I INSTALL FLASH PLAYER TO KEEP MY PC WORKING?

PLEASE, ADVISE ME!

I am truly sorry to have taken up so much space but I am desperate.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

With my best regards,

raramuristar

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice