adress book protection from worms

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jmchart

I received an email from one of my staff members telling me that one of their friends had discovered a way to protect your address book from worms. I would like to know if any one else has heard of this solution and if yes does it work.

step one: create new contact in outlook
step two: in the name field type !000
Step Three: in the email address field type worm alert
Step four : ignore Microsoft message about an invalid address.

This is supposed to stop a worm virus from sending to your entire address book because the first address will always be !000 and it will return the message as undeliverable.

My concern is that the new viruses that are being transmitted with their own email clients that this is a false remedy and people will think that they are protecting themselves when they are not.

Please send any comments to me

jmchart

thank you for your reply I just read a similar reply form Kento in the security thread. sorry for the inconvenience

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online