1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ADS DVD Xpress DV2 Vid Cap. Device Question

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Art57mo, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Art57mo

Art57mo Thread Starter

Hi All,

I bought an ADS DVD Xpress DX2, USB video capture device on 01/22/2009 and so far, am pretty happy with the quality of the captured video from VHS and "VERY" happy with the capture quality from a DVR hard drive, using S-Video cable for video and RCA cables for sound.

However, so far, I have "only" been able to get this device to render a perfectly square picture in the compiled MPG2 format. I, like "MOST" people, now have an LCD wide screen TV. Even my home movie VHS tapes will play from a VCR to TV in the wider format.

My question is, "Does anyone know if there is any configuration with the ADS DVD Xpress DX2 or CapWiz software I am overlooking in order to get the wider screen formats? Or am I stuck with this "SQUARE" picture format using this capture device & software with with regards to the compiled video?

PLEASE HELP!

Art

2. Art57mo

Art57mo Thread Starter

Hi All,

Made a post the other day, but no one made a single reply. This post is for anyone who has used the ADS DVDEpress DX2, external USB video capture device with their Capture Wizard program.

My Problem:
    It appears that I am "ONLY" able to capture the video input in a perfectly "SQUARE" format, not wide screen. This is rather obsolete as most all TV's today, including my TV is a widescreen.

Question:
    Has anyone used this device and program before and if so, is there any way to capture from the DVDEpress DX2 device in a wider format screen output?

I do like the quality of the rendered video as it is "very good quality", just "SQUARE".

Presently, I am using the ADS Capture Wizard software to capture VHS tapes and digital feed from a TV DVR recorder. From there, I then use "CyberLink PowerDirector 7" to edit and render final DVD files to be written to a DVD disk.

The whole setup is really great, performs well and has exceptional output quality. Just renders a square picture.

Is there any other video capture software that will work with the ADS DVDEpress DX2, external USB video capture device that will capture the full width of the picture?

Can anyone help me here, "PLEASE"?

Thanks,
    Art

3. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

4. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

I have never used that device but I once had an older version of it. If you can not change the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 during the capture there is a small free utility that will allow you to after. Here's a link http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVDPatcher

5. Art57mo

Art57mo Thread Starter

Hi Rick_in_Fla,

Would really like to thank you for your help. Have downloaded the utility and seems like it will work for what I am trying to accomplish. Just wish the capture device and accompanying software had this capability. Looks like it will work out.

Thanks Again!

Art

6. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

Your welcome.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!