1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ads that slide over from the lower corner

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ricky1me, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ricky1me

ricky1me Thread Starter

I get ads from Internet Explorer that show up on the lower right hand corner. How do I remove them?

2. smeegle

smeegle

Are you receiving advertisements from Internet Explorer or are you receiving alerts about updating?

3. ricky1me

ricky1me Thread Starter

I got java from a site that needed to have about 7 adwares removed by Norton. Right after this I am getting two ads by the same site.

4. smeegle

smeegle

It's an old trick. You seem to be getting something for free but you have to download other offers in order to get it. Have you considered doing a system restore to the date before you downloaded Java. Of course Java would go away as well.
    Maybe someone else can come up with a better solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!