1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ads won't display and can't access sponsored links

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Rev Darkwing, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rev Darkwing

Rev Darkwing Thread Starter

This is very odd. All of a sudden, many of the google adword ads that are on various sites, don't display for me. Instead I get
    Failed to Connect
    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at a.tribalfusion.com.
    Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.

Also, on many, but not all, adwords ads on the google search engine give me a blank page of a google transition URL instead of taking me to the desired site.

I can't figure what is going on. It also occurs on my Google Chrome browser and IE.

Here is a link to a page where the ad does not display. Its the ad to the right in the message box.
    message board post

My daughter got a couple of Trojans while messing around with My Space but my AVG got rid of them and they aren't showing up on subsequent scans but aside from that, I can't imagine what I might have done to cause this weirdness. Any thoughts?

XP 64 PRO
    AMD Athelon 64X2 Dual Core processor 5000+

2. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

3. karbo

karbo Banned

Do you have some sort of banner ad blocker?

4. Rev Darkwing

Not unless one was installed without me approving it or at least noticing I did by one of the cleaners. I used AVG, Spyware Blaster and a-squared. I will follow that link and see if it helps and report back.. thanks

5. Rev Darkwing

That did it. Don't know what went wrong but this one fixed it

Download Hoster (http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/Hoster.exe) and run it. Choose the 'Restore Original Hosts' button and press OK.

thanks for the help. Tech Guy Forums ROCKS as usual

6. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

You are welcome, you can mark this thread solved

joan

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/780992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice