1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ADSL disconnects while uploading

Discussion in 'Networking' started by save58, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. save58

save58 Thread Starter

Hi!

I've been experiencing a problem while trying to upload files. Every time I upload a file larger than a couple of megabytes, my connection will die.
    The details of my system are:

Windows XP SP3
    DSL connection
    NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
    Speedstream 5360 modem

I have tried uploading through ftp and posting to sites such as gigasize.com and I get the same result.
    I have tried both connecting my computer directly with a cable to the modem, and through a Linksys router. The problem happens in both cases. When I'm connected directly, Windows opens a dialog saying te connection is lost and giving the option to "redial". When connected through the router, the connection just dies for a few moments during which I cannot browse, then comes back after the router reconnects.
    My network card driver is version 67.8.9 but I also tried rolling back to 67.6.4 without any luck.
    I have also tried connecting through the same router with a different computer, this one running Linux Mint 13, and the problem does not occur.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Dutch

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice