1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ADSL Dropout

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Gorath, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gorath

Gorath Thread Starter

Hello Guys,

I haven't had a prob for a long time, but anything can happen.

Well it start with i have ADSL and when i play Online Games like America's Army on a U.S server i get dropout from my connection even am still connected but i cant surf the net i get a no connection error but if i wait for 2 mins or so i get my connection back and sometimes i have to rapair my connection just to get it going.

I have look every where about this problem but no luck i hope you can show me the light in a dark tunnel

thanks.:confused:

2. dai

dai

if it is your adsl link light that is dropping out it probably needs resetting at the exchange contact your isp,also try resetting the modem,pull the power plug out then put it back

3. Gorath

Gorath Thread Starter

Hi

I have a D-LINK DSL-302G and I asked tech support from DLINK they gave me a flash update but it is still doing the same problem, I have re-set the modem reinstalled software but it still comes up with the same problem.

I have noticed it only happens when I play America's Army on a US server (I'm from Australia).

I have heard that there was an article from Windows which can fix the problem but I cannot recall the article number, if not the best I can do is to exchange the modem and see if that's the problem.

Thanks

4. dai

dai

adsl link on my modem goes down virtually every night between 12.30 and 1.30am for between 2 and 15 min i am with iinet,if the adsl link light drops out the problem is not at your end when you get the problem check to see if your adsl link light is on or off

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173046

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice