1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ADSL / LAN Gaming Help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jedimark, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimark

Jedimark Thread Starter

Hi tech support guy's!

I currently have ADSL set up in my student house. Basically we have an ADSL / Modem Router that connects to a LinkSys router which acts as a switch so I can distribute the ADSL connection to 5 other computers in the house. Everything is perfectly fine with the Internet connection.. however.. we are all big Unreal Tournament players and would like to be able to play against each other.

Basically my question is how do we play against each other? I thought that we should just be able to connect to the hosts computer by typing in their IP address <ie 10.0.0.13> but this seems to do nothing. Also if you click the "Find LAN games" button nothing shows up in the server list. I'm sure there must be a way to do this.

Also shouldn't you be able to type in the run dialog box:

\\computer-name

and be able to access the shared files of that particular computer? This doesn't work either.

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks

- Mark

2. play1998

play1998

first of all if you wnat to ake sure that you are on the same network can you ping his ip address , also ifyou wanna look at files on his comp you will need to do file sharing on that computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171030

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice