1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ADSL Line reporting large upload of data

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by R144N, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R144N

R144N Thread Starter

Hi There,

I have read a few of the stickys relating to large amounts of data and malware and it says not to follow the procedure as it was for that user only, so I hope I'm doing the right thing here by posting my own thread?

I have for the past month or so wondered why my ADSL cap is reached almost near the beginning of the month and see that large amounts of data are being transferred up, for instance just yesterday, I downloaded 1GB and also uploaded 911MB which I know both are not correct!

How am I able to determine what is sending this data, so that I can disable, delete, uninstall it? I also don't know if the stats on the line are accurate?!?

I've run Windows Defender and Norton 2012 Reputation Scanners and all seems fine.

Please help, I'm unsure of whether some malware has crept into my system undetected.

Kind Regards,
    Riaan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice