1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adsl - not normal traffic

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Greendream, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Greendream

Greendream Thread Starter

I have OS windows Xp service pack 1, with AVG antivirus and antispyware, spybot, ad-aware, brontok cleaner, removeIT pro and I dont use any firewall acept win.
    Programs havent detect any virus, trojan, tracker,blaster , nothing they are all update and say comp. is clean apsolutly.
    Problem is that when I am online (no sourfing, downloading, nothing) in one hour download about 30 - 40 MB.
    New pasword on host dont works.
    I dont have wireless router or options for that it only wire so we cant talk about someone has take my router.

My english is not so best but I think that you will understand problem. Thanks.

2. jackdw

jackdw

I know this is not supposed to be discussed but have you got any P2P illegal download programs on?

3. Greendream

Yes I have got before because I was having free flate rate for two months and I was talking with my frend about that and I have uninstall limewire, bearshare, and all bit downloader from mininova and torentte but that didnt fix problem.
    I come from croatia and I have service of free 1 Gb and next Gb must pay 2.5 euro and this monthsI have download 3 Gb JUST SURFING. I dont know what is happening with my adsl service and in help line of povider they told just to change pasword but that didnt works.
    Someone told me that ther might be problem with windows update but I check it doest work online and downloaded so its no problem with win update.

Provider told me that they will look for apeal but I dont think that problems is on them side.

4. Greendream

I have also check for malicious software in safe mode and it also didint find any problem.
    I have also installed Nod and update but also it didnt find any problem.

5. Gibbs

Gibbs

Run a local port scan with your firewall off. See what ports are in use. Type the port number(s) into google (or something) and useful information regarding the port and it's service(s) should come up.

Get a firewall and monitor your outgoing connections. If you are convinced that it is a peer-2-peer connection causing the problems find the port numbers and close them with a firewall.

So basically monitor your outgoing traffic and act accordingly.

6. Greendream

I dont get it what local port scan??
    Must I download something for that or what??
    Can I stop also thar programs with zonealarm ar similar program (make some sugestions)???

7. Greendream

I find local port scan foe download i will see what will hapen

8. Greendream

For trojans it open Netbios remote procude call , mavericks matrix, sokets de trois v.1,
    quick scan say blocked all , stealth all are block.

9. jackdw

jackdw

If you have a firewall, reset it or reinstall it and then only give permission to access the net to programs you want.

10. Greendream

I hate when some programs are the "best " like ad aware, spybot, avg trojan removal ,,and crap when some program I have never heard detect me that I have 5 trojans on comp and i must downloaded removeal kit for them all.
    But wait that didint and nothin was hapen it still steal trafic so I just format c by by :D and instal sygate and other staff like nod and not that **** of avg and now work like a clock.

11. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

In case you're wondering, I have no idea what you posted. Your English is indeed poor. It sounds like you're using more bandwidth than you paid for in your plan, and you're wondering why you're using so much. Then you seem to mention formatting as a method of cheating your ISP.

I suggest you follow your ISP's rules.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544611

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice