1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ADSL problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Scotty, Jan 28, 2002.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Scotty

Scotty Guest Thread Starter

This is a funny sort of problem...

For the last few months my ADSL internet connection has been playing up. It may work fone for 4 days (example) then all of a sudden the connection will suddenly cut of and remain intermittent for a non-specific period of time...

This is a random event and is a real killer when you are playing Neopets :)

My connection was fine in my old apt for 3 years. I moved abt 6 months ago to a new place but I only been having this problem for abt 3 months now... I know the easy answer would be the same as my ISP - "Dodgey telephone lines in the area" but I don't think so. Why would it be such a random event and when the connection starts playing up it plays up for a while and then goes away?

I think it may be something up with the OS but to be honest I really am no expert... can anybody help please???

Thanks,
    Scotty....

2. Matrikx_

Matrikx_

Having Lived in an area where i previously had ADSL im somewhat familiar with it. I noticed my line would go down on certain days of the month. i.e the 5th of jan and 5th of feb. For repairs and such also for some reason during bad weather i also had problems ADSL guy said it was possibly water getting into my line. I dont know if this help however its wortha shot.

3. angel

angel

The phone lines could certainly cause those probs but your ISP should do something about it. If it is the phone lines and they know the lines are iffy, the should never have approved your for DSL at that location. I'd make them run some diagnostics on the line and find out the real problem and then make them resolve it.

Of course, the other option is that ISP just has problems a lot recently. Do you know anyone else using the same service? Are they having probs?

4. Scotty

Scotty Guest Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses guys.

I initially thought it was the weather causing problems in the network but after the fault appeared on a nice sunny day after a prolonged dry spell I threw out that theory...

I think I will get back to them and get them running the diagnostics but I will first try to reinstall the OS - I want to make sure that before I go blaming them my end is nice and clean! I did install a CD writer but I don't see that being anything to do with the problem.

If the worst comes to the worst they either have to spend a fortune finding and fixing faulty lines somewhere or offer me a discount to keep me happy with a less than perfect connection :)

Thanks again guys,
    Regards,
    Scotty....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice