Adult Toolbar removal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

redstar4

Hi!
I'm a newbie here and found a closed thread from 2002 about "how to remove an Adult Toolbar which seems to be stopping all programmes or updates installing.

The above is exactly what I need to find out about.

I'm using Windows XP and I believe my stepsons may have installed this toolbar while I was away. However I have tried to delete it and the threats which were with it using PC exterminator.It has removed , I think, threat level 3 and 4 but the Adult toolbar still shows in the scan results. I have tried to install my new Mcafee 2010 virus scanner but it will not allow it. Also tried to install AVG but no go!..The scan results explain about the Adult toolbar programme has allowed a "hacker"?? to take control of my puter?

Without having to completely restore my PC, can it be cleaned of the Adult toolbar and all threats?

I find trying to update/install any programmes at all, including AdobeFlash Player, they will download but not install. I downloaded Windows install programme again but still nothing installs.
Currently my PC is not protected by any antivirus programmes due to this problem. Please can you help?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online