1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Advance AC97 Audio

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by cstortion, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cstortion

cstortion Thread Starter

I have a non-responsive audio system. It doesn't matter which boxes I check. Nothing happens. I do have sound. I just can't control it.

I actually fixed it myself by uninstalling it and then reloading the program.

2. LPomfrey

LPomfrey

Is it onboard audio or do you have a soundcard??

3. cstortion

cstortion Thread Starter

I do not have a sound card. I did fix the problem . (See my post)

4. n0sferatu

n0sferatu

Which program did you uninstall then reinstall? I'm having the same problem.

5. cstortion

cstortion Thread Starter

There is a disc called AOpen Bonus Pack. It came with the computer. On the disc is a pram got the Motherboard Driver.

In your uninstall on the control panel you'll see a program called Advance AC 97. Uninstall it. Then go to the disk, hit motherboard enter the data and you're back in business.

6. n0sferatu

n0sferatu

Thanks cstortion. I uninstalled the driver, restarted the computer, and before I had a chance to reinstall it, system detected the 'new multimedia device' and sound was back. :)

Don't know if it would work for everyone but definitely worth a try for those running XP.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/356334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice