1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

advanced audio control? (turn bass down on my PC)??

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bikerbcs, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bikerbcs

bikerbcs Thread Starter

Hi here's my situation. I'm using a computer right now with only two usb plugins. (The mouse and keyboard ports don't work) so I use a USB keyboard and mouse. The speakers I have require USB too, to power it.I could buy one that plugs into a A/C port instead or buy a USB hub but I really don't want to right now.

So what I'm using for sound right now is a subwoofer that plugs into an A/C port for power, it sounds like crap on youtube because there is obviously too much bass. But on windows media player where there is an equilizer, if I turn the two first bars down the sound actually comes out pretty good and clear.

Yeah, I'm a cheapass haha. But what I'm wondering is there some type of UNIVERSAL audio controller I can download where I can turn the bass down all the way so I can listen to stuff on youtube and everything else with clearity.. Really I just want to turn the bass all the way down but I don't think the audio control windows comes with has that option.

Peace.

2. Nick Tompson

Nick Tompson

Depending on your sound hardware and driver, sometimes there is a separate configuration panel for your sound hardware and sometimes, e.g Realtek, a global EQ is provided.

3. bikerbcs

bikerbcs Thread Starter

realtek isnt provided, just standard turn your volume, cd audio. line in..etc. up and down.
    what i want is a global equalizer so i can listen to stuff on youtube with the bass, or whatever i want lowered.
    am i **** outta luck?

4. Nick Tompson

Nick Tompson

I am not aware of any programs that can do this - but do you know your sound hardware?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/938874