Advanced Configuration and Power Interface in Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

danielj88

Hello.

Currently I am using the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC driver in XP with 1 core enabled. I am just wondering if it is possible to use the same driver for a single core in Windows 7? I am using one core and this driver because it improves performance on a few old games that I play. I would like to switch to Windows 7 but only if it is possible to reproduce the same environment for my games (Legend Of Mir 3).

Is it just a simple matter of disabling 3 cores in my BIOS and allowing Windows 7 to integrate the appropriate driver version? I cannot see an option for ACPI on my other system that has Windows 7 installed.

Thank you!

Click Start | Run (or press WinKey+R), type msconfig, press Enter.
Click the Boot tab.
Click the Advanced Options... button
Set the number of processors here.

I don't know if this will have the same effect as using the single core versions of the hal/ntoskrnl files though.

You could also try setting the processor affinity in Task Manager for the game process, right click the process, click Set affinity...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online