Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advanced Find in email for Outlook 2000

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bruce319 
#1 ·
Any way to configure my searching to be more precise in sent or received emails? Outlook 2000 won't let me set the date range I want to search nor let me select the fields I want to search. When I go to advanced find in my email I seem to be stuck with searching "subject field" or "subject field and message body" or "frequently used text fields". Same with dates-only a few date range choices are allowed. What a waste of search time when I only want to search for the word "popcorn" used in one message body last Halloween week. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

#2 ·
If you're just looking for the word "popcorn" in the body of the e-mail. Outlook can do that.
Click Find on the toolbar, then under Options click Advanced Find.
On the Message tab sheet, type popcorn in "Search for word(s):"
For the "In" drop down menu box, change it to "subject field and message body", then click on Find Now.

Outlook can also search in date range. Let me know if you still can't find the word popcorn.

#4 ·
Follow the procedure describe above, but before clicking on the Find Now button, click on the advance tab sheet.
Then click on the "Field" drop down menu and select "Date/Time Fields". You'll have several places to look from. If it was an e-mail you received, click on "Received". Next click on the Condition drop down menu and select either "Last Month" or "between".
If you choose "between" enter the date and time range in the "value" drop down menu.
ex. 5-1-2003 11:00am and 6-1-2003 12:00pm
Once you enter the date and time click on "Add to list".
You can add more than one criteria if you wish, just follow the steps above. When you have all the criteria complete, press Find Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.