1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Advanced Networking, Guru's Please read

Discussion in 'Networking' started by vilebad, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vilebad

vilebad Thread Starter

First off let me state that I am pretty well educated when it comes to computer hardware and software. But recently I was trying to think of a solution to this small annoying problem me and my friends have.

Like most of you, I am a gamer. I enjoy hauling my rig over to a friends apartment and LANing for days on end. But sometimes I just don't feel like dragging all my junk over there and having to smell there body odors all night.

Basically what I was thinking on doing, if it is at all possible that is. Is to find some program that we both could install on our computers and we could connect to each other thru the internet and create or emulate a network for all our boxes on each line ( I have 2 computers at my house, he has 5. So 7 computers all on the network).

All the games we play were meant for the internet, so I really don't think bandwidth will be an issue here. I have a 20mb down/1Mb up Static IP connection and at my house (Yes 20MB down with residential ISP, COMCAST FTW).

If anyone has any suggestions, protocol, or software that could help me I would appreciate it greatly.

Any flaming is welcome to :)

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice