1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

advent built-in webcam brightness problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by kotsia, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kotsia

kotsia Thread Starter

Hello guys,
    Is my first time here and wish some1 could help me, i am desperate..
    I have an advent roma 3000 and i have problem with the build-in webcam's brightness..

During day its pretty ok if i have window opened at max so much light can get inside but when gets late in the afternoon and at night the camera shows me too much dark and to manage for the other person to see me good i must open a small light just next to the laptop even if i have also room's light open(room's light is not clear white its like a bit yellow or whatever or a bit darker anw than clear white but i dont guess that matters)...

I tried to change the brightness of camera from skype settings and from the camera's program(YouCam) but doesn't seem to do much difference...
    Any1 knows how to help me pls? :(

i tried to put another webcam that was on another pc and was great on that pc(in same room and same light condition in room).. but when i tried it on mine it was not good it was like the built-in webcam, dark.. :(

Thank you in advance,
    Kotsia

2. Megabite

Megabite

Howdy,

It is basically the Web cam doesn't work well at low light......the only real way to solve the problem is to light the room with natural light or you can buy a bulb that gives off natural light and not a yellow light.

Or buy a better quality web cam that will work better at low light conditions.......

3. kotsia

kotsia Thread Starter

there isn't any other way of changing some settings or whatever of the webcam to have better brightness also without natural light?

4. Megabite

Megabite

Webcams are not all create equal.....you say you have tried the camera setting already without success.

If in dought borrow another webcam as a test

Also go to PC manufactures site and see if there is any driver updates for the camera etc.

5. kotsia

kotsia Thread Starter

but i have tried also another webcam on my laptop that on another pc was working great also at night with light, and when i have put it on my laptop it wasn't good with light either.. thats why i'm wondering if it's just my webcam's fault or something else also..

6. Megabite

Megabite

Understood........

Have you tried attaching an external Monitor to see the results

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/898004