1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

advent input problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scooper100, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scooper100

scooper100 Thread Starter

I have a laptop Advent 40675, and it appears to have lost all input functions. Turning the computer on works fine, but neither mouse or keyboard functions. The laptop loads to Windows XP login screen, but again, neither the mouse or keyboard functions. I have tried plugging in a USB keyboard and mouse and still nothing. I can not enter the bios, nor will any function key work to allow me access to other menus. Even with the USB keyboard in, I still cannot gain access to the bios or anything. I have tried resitting the ribbon cables for both the onboard mouse and keyboard. I have attempted to do what various other people have suggested. but seem to come up with nothing.I can get it to boot up to SAFE MODE but cannot click on USER or ADMINISTRATOR as nothing works.
    when I press F2 at start up i can move the cursor around with mouse pad but it stops working when windows boots up ???????:mad:....the only buttons that work when windows start are the FN blue buttons, very odd

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice