1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Advice for hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blitze105, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blitze105

Blitze105 Thread Starter

I have 2 hard drives, one slave and a master ofcourse. The master is 80, and the slave is 30. I am about to install linux, should i partition the 80 and put linux and windows on it? Or shoudl i partition the 30 and use it as master for linux and windows?
    -blitze

2. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

I'd dual boot on the master - and Linux will shrink the partition as you want during install. Really pretty easy. Get one of the more current versions of Linux - you can look here http://www.distrowatch.com

3. Blitze105

Blitze105 Thread Starter

Well, i already had teh linux i was going to use. I was just wondering if i should use the 30 of the 80 as slave. :)
    -blitze

4. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

Hey, great! Which one you gonna install?

5. Blitze105

Blitze105 Thread Starter

This will be the first time i have used linux... :( so please don't yell at me for this. I have read alot about slackware. (its more unix i know i know). I have read about the commands and things like that, about 10 pages of basic stuff. So i thought i would try it out.
    -blitze

6. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

Well, OK - Slack is not really a good first distro but who knows...Good luck!

7. Blitze105

Blitze105 Thread Starter

What would you suggest?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/371985

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice