1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{Advice Given} - Deny Access

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dyna, Sep 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dyna

dyna Thread Starter

At work we have a brand new server which replaced a peer to peer network. It is run by Netware. This was great because it stopped a person from 'investigating and playing' with other peoples computers. Now he has set up a windows mini network. Is there any way I can block him from my computer? He does this for entertainment. Also, could he be responsible for my numerous crashes? The new server was set up by professionals.

Just wondering,

Dyna

2. Reuel Miller

Reuel Miller

Greetings

If you open up the Network properties in Control panel, click on the File and Print Sharing button and make sure that there is no tick in either block.

Then click OK twice. You may then need to have your Windows install disk in your CD-ROM drive, or the files somewhere on your computer, as it may need them to remove that setting. If the program prompts you about a file that is newer then the one about to be copied, you want to keep the NEWER file.

This solution does come with a drawback. Afterwards, no-one will be able to see any of the files on your machine, so you will have to copy any shared files to the server somewhere nad have the people share the files, use them from there.

Cheers

------------------
    Reuel Miller
    Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased :) )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

3. dyna

dyna Thread Starter

Thank you for your help. I will check this out tomorrow.

dyna

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/29153

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice