{Advice Given} - Network time

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dkolbach

Does any body knows how to synchronize the time on all client computers on a nt domain.

i have windows 98 clients, PDC and BDC

Greetings

In the Logon script of all the users add the following line:

net time \\domin-name /set /y

That will set the time on the client machine to be the same as that on the PDC.

On the BDC's, have set up a Scheduled Task to reset the time every 12 or 24 hours. To do this, create a .BAT file with the command that I have used above. Then either use the AT command from a command prompt, or (if you have IE5 installed on the BDC) use the Scheduled Task Applet to create a task that every day will run the .BAT file.

If you are using the Scheduled Task Applet, make sure that the task runs with Domain Admin priviledges. This is so that:
a) it can change the time on the BDC, and,
b) get the right time from the PDC

If you are using the AT command, then you need to go into the services applet in control panel and double click on the Scheduler Service. You have to make sure that the service is started automatically, and for the account to be used to start the service, you need to give a Domain Admin account.

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased :) )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online