1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{Advice Offered} - E-mail & Proxy Server

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by john s, Jun 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. john s

john s Thread Starter

I'm trying to get my M$ Proxy Server 2.0 to see Incoming and outgoing e-mail(eudora).

In the Winsock Proxy server Protocols POP3 is on POrt 110 using TCP and Inbound. SMTP(Client)mis on Port 25 TCP and listed as outbound.

In the permissons Protocol on Winproxy POP3 and SMTP(client) are set to grant access to everyone. The mail server is listed in the LAT file. Eudora's web site says to just enable the ports on Proxy and it will work. I thought everything I did enabled the ports.

2. Reuel Miller

Reuel Miller

Greetings

You need to install the Proxy client on all your user's machines that you want to be able to connect to the internet.

To do that, connect to the proxy server via Network neighbourhood and you will see a MSPCLNT share, and in it are setup files for the proxy server.

Install the proxy client, reboot the users machine, and they will be able to get their mail.

You need to have the proxy client loaded to be able to access any other port besides port 80.

Cheers

------------------
    Reuel Miller
    Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased :) )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

3. john s

john s Thread Starter

I already did the msclient setup and all I could see in the Internet options was HTTP, Secure, Gopher and the rest. They were set up with port 80. When I tried out the e-mail I send a message and went to the Eudora Mail program and saw the e-mail I sent waiting to go out. 30 minutes after I sent out the message it was still in the Mail Server queue. So how do I get the Mail Server to send out mail and receive it?

4. Reuel Miller

Reuel Miller

Greetings

Is the mail server on the same machine as Proxy? If not, then it needs the proxy client loaded as well.

Cheers

------------------
    Reuel Miller
    Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased :) )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/28832

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice