1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{Advice Offered} - No mouse or keyboard in WIN2K

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mulligan, Mar 24, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mulligan

Mulligan Thread Starter

I have a PIII 733, tyan 1854 motherboard, 512MB of pc133 ram, running Windows 2000. Very consistently, every OTHER time I boot, I do not get a mouse or keyboard, no errors, not pointer, no curser. It looks like it booted perfectly but I am missing my pointer, mouse and keyboard support. Any ideas

2. Reuel Miller

Reuel Miller

Greetings

Um... stop rebooting. Win2K needs extremely few reboots (as compared to Win9x and WinNT).

Just leave the PC on (I belong to the group of people who think leaving a PC on forever is better then constantly turning it on and off... I mean, look at servers, they stay on 24/7/365).

Personally, my PC has been on this whole year so far... never turned it off (it has been rebooted numerous times due to the fact that Nt4 has been installed twice, Win2K Advanced Server installed once and Win2K Professional has been installed twice), but the power has never been turned off...

And it is still running like a horse... even though almost all the components are over three years old (the HD is new cos I needed a bigger HD, the original HD still works though).

Anyway... those where my 2 cents

Cheers

------------------
    Reuel Miller
    Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased :) )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

3. LarryCore

LarryCore

Next time you need to reboot why not boot to a floppy and see if you can type?

If you can, at least you know it isn't a physical problem with the keyboard or keyboard controller on the motherboard.

4. g6

g6

Your probably running PC Anywhere or some other Remote Control software, right?
    This is a common problem with the "gina" files and can (almost always) be fixed by either uninstalling the Control Software or doing a Parallel install of Win2000/Winnt4.0. Go to symantec.com and type in the keyword "Keyboard" and you will see many people with the same problems as you. There are some links to articles on how to fix the problem but, it ain't pretty. Good luck,

G6

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/29633

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice